Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Space Invaders


Invader is all about passion! Respect!

From Wikipedia:
Invader (born 1969) is a street artist who pastes up characters from and inspired by the Space Invaders game, made up of small coloured square tiles that form a mosaic. He does this in cities across the world, then documents this as an "Invasion", with maps of where to find each invader. He started this project in 1998 with the invasion of Paris - the city where he lives and the most invaded city to date - and then spread the invasion to 35 other cities in the world. Read more here.

I like these square fellows! I first noticed one of them in Paris two years ago - see my photo. My boyfriend laughed of me, and said that no else would notice that "blue thing on the wall". But I did.

Check out Space Invaders > The Story Of An Invasion.

Photos: Invader

No comments: